Did you know that some Louis Vuitton bags were named after cities, characters in movies and famous people? I compiled a list of Louis Vuitton bags and purses and the places and people they were inspired by.
1. Abbesses: A station of the Paris Metro system.
2. Alma: Named for the Alma Bridge, a span that connects two Parisian neighbourhoods.
3. Amazone: Named after the Amazonian rain forest.
4. Amelia: Named after Amelia Earhart.
5. Batignolles: Named after the town in France.
6. Beverly: After Beverly Hills, California.
7. Bosphore: Named after a body of water near Turkey.
8. Chelsea: Named after a London suburb.
9. Courtney: Named after singer Courtney Love.
10. Danube: Named after the Danube river, the second longest in all of Europe.
11. Deauville: A luxurious city in France located near Normandy.
12. Eliza: Eliza Doolittle a character in “My Fair Lady” played by Audrey Hepburn.
13. Eva: Named after model Eva Herzigovia.
14. Galliera: Fashion museum in Paris.
15. Griet: The subject of a painting of the artist Vermeer.
16. Hampstead: Named after a London suburb.
17. Highbury: Named after a London suburb.
18. Hudson: A river that runs through New York State.
19. Knightsbridge: Named after a London suburb.
20. Laguito: Named after a cigar.
21. Manhattan: Manhattan, New York City.
22. Marilyn: A tribute to Marilyn Monroe.
23. Mary Kate: Named after actress Mary Kate Olsen.
24. Montsouris: Named after a famous park in France.
25. Nice: Named after the City of Nice, France.
26. Palermo: Named after city in Italy called Palermo.
27. Pont Neuf: Named for a bridge in Paris.
28. Popincourt: A road in London made famous by the movie “My Fair Lady”.
29. Priscilla: Named after Joan Crawford’s character in “Across to Singapore”.
30. Rita: Named after actress Rita Hayworth.
31. Saleya: Is named after flower/produce market in Nice, France.
32. Saumur: Is a city in Loire Valley of France.
33. Sofia Coppola: Created by and named after Academy Award-winning screenwriter Sofia Coppola.
34. Theda: Named after silent film actress Theda Bara.
35. Tivoli: An Ancient town near Rome, Italy.
36. Trevi: Named after Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy.
37. Tulum: Named after the Mayan City in Mexico.
38. Ursula: Named after Ursula Anders.
This post was featured on Independent Fashion Bloggers Links à la Mode on 12 Oct 2017.
Posts featured on Independent Fashion Bloggers:
I will never dare call myself a fashionista simply because… I am not. Besides, I’ve always thought it sounds cliché and narcissistic. Don’t get me wrong, I do love […]
The right dress can do wonders. It can catch the attention of the future King (in the case of Kate Middleton), make film classics that women will still be […]
Have you bought makeup that you end up just staring at because they are just too pretty to touch? These are 10 insanely beautiful products that you will put on display behind […]
Have you had to go from one event to another and have your entire schedule full for the day? *Raises hands. I feel ya, we’re busy girls and its […]