From Left to Right: Isabelle, Shub, CK, Irene, Renuka, Alicia.
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women since 1911. This year, I’ve teamed up with these amazing women bloggers from different backgrouds and roles to talk about what defines us as women.
What is the biggest challenge you face being a woman?
Women of this generation face many challenges from juggling our many roles as career women and care-givers but by far my biggest challenge is dealing with endometriosis on top of multi-tasking my role as a wife and my various career endeavours! It used to be a struggle but now, it has kind of morphed into a challenge. Some of the symptoms of endometriosis are violent menstrual cramps, the difficulty to conceive, hormonal imbalance, bloating of the abdomen, terrible mood swings, fatigue and a whole host of other issues.
Endometriosis is not something that goes away with a pill, it will never go away till I menopause, but the pain has subsided thanks to regular check-ups to monitor my condition. Although endometriosis is more common than you think, it is not documented as much so not many understand it and I get judged for my lifestyle decisions sometimes due to this. I used to get affected when my pain gets questioned and since I got married, I frequently get asked about having a baby, but I’ve learned to overcome them and forgive because it’s usually out of concern, curiosity, the lack of understanding and it generally doesn’t come from a bad place. In fact, I think I’m very blessed to be otherwise healthy, able to travel, have a beautiful home to go back to and a loving understanding husband.
Find out what these ladies think about what makes us women.
So Shub, what’s your story? – Shub, Social Media Mom SG
What should every woman try at least once in her life? – Irene, Goods Wanderers
What role are you taking charge of now? – Alicia, My Mini Me
Name a woman who influenced you the most. – CK, Puzzle of Life
What do you like and dislike about being a woman? – Renuka, The Fun Stuff
Photos by Cloud Productions.
Specially for Our Readers:
In celebration of International Women’s Day, we are giving away these PRIZES WORTH MORE THAN SGD$1000 to 1 GRAND WINNER and participation prizes to 3 WINNERS!
Outdoor Family Photoshoot in Singapore by Cloud Productions
Dining for you and a friend at Good Old Days Bistro
Dining for you and a friend at Tulasi Vegetarian Restaurant
Gift Cards redeemable for 5 cups from Bober Tea
Midnight Lux Chocolate Cupcakes from Naked Cakes
Healthy Cooking Ingredients from HoneyCity
Supplements & Wipes for loved ones from SeniorCare
Soap Making Class for you and 3 friends by Eo4Kids
Health Screening by Integrated Health Centre
Hydration Serums from OuDao
Fashion Hamper from Beyond Essentials
Gift Tags from XOXO SG
Namecards from Printmystuff SG
HOW TO WIN
- Follow all participating bloggers and like each giveaway post on Instagram. Tag as many friends, one tag per comment – @lovebellavida @foodwanderers @socialmediamomsg @aliciacho @ck.chai @thefunstuf
- Follow all participating brands on Instagram – @sgcloudproductions @boberteasg @goodolddaysbistro @tulasivegcafe @xoxo_xoxosg @eo4kids @nakedcakessg @honeycitysg @seniorcaresg @byondessentials @oudaosg @ihcglobalsg @printmystuffsg
Bonus Step: Repost giveaway post of each participating blogger on your Instagram profile and hashtag #sgwomensday2019 for a higher chance to win (make sure it’s public).
Terms & Conditions:
- This Giveaway is only open to Singapore Residents.
- All winners are picked randomly and will be qualified only if you have followed all the mentioned steps.
- 1 Grand Winner will receive all products mentioned, 3 Participation Winners will receive a token package containing some of these products.
- Winners will be contacted through Instagram for your contact/mailing details.
- Prices of products can be found on the websites provided in each individual blog post.
- Unfollowers will be banned from participating in future giveaways.
- Props shown in this picture is not included (basket, flowers).
- All products are not exchangeable.
Giveaway ends on 22 MAR 2359HRS (SGT) and winners will be announced on 29 MAR 1000HRS (SGT) in the comment section of the Instagram post.
Business Enquiries: Services | firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest