Coffee Table books play a big part in accessorising the home. They look great on shelves and adds personality and style to the decor. I’ve always love looking through Coffee Table books, its like getting an insight into the home owner’s mind and heart. So when I got my home, I wanted my very own collection of Coffee Table Books too.
Defining a Coffee Table Book
Although the dictionary defines it as a large, expensive and lavishly illustrated book, intended especially for casual reading, Coffee Table Books have evolved with long archives of information, beautiful photography and are often dictionaries of a subject in it’s own right.
How to Choose a Coffee Table Book
There are no hard and fast rules to choosing your Coffee Table book. Some home owners pick designer book covers that match with the colour tones of their home. I tend to pick Coffee Table books that are personal to me. They hold memories, are of my hobbies, interests, my favourite authors, movies, magazines and fashion houses.
Here is a list of some of my Coffee Table Books that I highly recommend.
- Architectural Digest at 100: A Century of Style by Architectural Digest
- Louis Vuitton: The Birth of Modern Luxury by Louis Vuitton
- Fashion House: Illustrated Interiors from the Icons of Style by Megan Hess
- Vogue and the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute by Vogue
- Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People: Houses, Gardens, People by Vogue
- Vogue: The Covers by Vogue
- Vanity Fair 100 Years: From the Jazz Age to Our Age by Graydon Carter
- Chanel: Collections and Creations by Daniele Bott
- Barbie Forever: Her Inspiration, History, and Legacy by Robin Gerber
- Sex and the City The Movie by Amy Sohn
- The Travel Book by Lonely Planet
- Royal Gardens of the World by Mark Lane
My collection has a few reference to Vogue as I was an avid magazine reader all through my young adult life and it felt like a natural progression to books now that I’m grown. I have a deep affinity to Louis Vuitton, my Sex and the City: The Movie book has been with me since the movie debut and I have a dream to visit some of these Royal Gardens.
Photo Album as a Coffee Table Book
Photo Albums work as Coffee Table Books too! Photo Albums these days can be scrapbook projects or even made to look like your very own designer book! You can make a series of books from scratch with Photobook. Make a whole book of family portraits, vacation memories or even one dedicated to your pet or your OOTDs and add in your own quotes and descriptions for an intimate touch. It makes for a great gift too.
I made a Photo Album of my favourite travel sceneries that I took with my phone after I left my 12 hours, 6 days a week job to travel and added that quote as a memory.
Do you have a collection of Coffee Table Books too? How do you personalise your Coffee Table Book collection?
This post contains affiliate links.